- 2m diameter radome with hydrophobic coating to minimise signal loss caused by standing water during rainfall.
- 1.5m prime focus aluminium parabolic dish antenna.
- Rotator/pedestal and controller (land-based and marine options).
- Scalar feed horn and low-noise block downconverter (LNB).
- Rugged, weatherproof GPS antenna (mounted outside radome).
- Optional radome environmental control unit for hot climates.
All outdoor equipment is housed in the radome, except the GPS antenna which is mounted externally.
- Modular receiver rack.
- Uninterruptible power supply (UPS).
- Optional temperature sensor unit.
- Ingest and processor PCs.
- Optional visualisation PC.
All units are rack-mountable and can be supplied in an optional floor-standing cabinet for a complete rack-mounted system.
The indoor equipment comprises the following:
- Modular receiver rack (4U rack mount) containing:
- LNB power supply.
- Programmable downconverter.
- USB hub and serial adapters.
- GPS receiver.
- Switch mode power supply.
- Optional USB interfaces for reception of L-Band services.
- High-rate demodulator (1U rack mount).
- 2kVA UPS (tower or 2U rack mount).
- Optional temperature sensor unit (1U rack mount).
- Ingest PC (midi-tower or 4U rack mount) running 64-bit Windows with Dartcom Polar Orbiter Ingester software.
- Processor PC (midi-tower or 4U rack mount) running NASA RT-STPS, Simulcast, IPOPP and CMA FY3L0pp/FY3L1pp software.
- Optional visualisation PC (midi-tower or 4U rack mount).
- 6U desktop or optional 22U floor-standing cabinet.